<body>




EEEE EEEE YYEE AAHH!!! !!!!!!!

Here's to life.

Soul Survivor =)
Thursday, 14 January 2010

I got the Soul Survivor CD today!
As well as a new Jumper, as mum accidently destroyed my old one =)

I love the songs. Its the type of music that transports you instantly back to how you felt then, the excitement, adrenalin, enthusiasm for God. Where Soul Survivor was cut off from the world in a way, because you didnt have to be scared of what was happening outside of it, it was just plain and simple and fun living for a week. There were no unfair rules, and I think the worse part of it was the cold showers.

I had a dream/flashback thingy the other night. I get them alot, alot of the time its how I met someone or something stupid like that. Occasionally its been much much much worse. But anyway. It went over my memories of Soul Survivor this year.

Those of Jasper being a complete grump (though very lovely). How Andrew won his respect by outsmarting him. A couple of things people said that affected me. The tent setting up. Roseannas inability to sleep. Bernards constant state of sleep. Ellie...Ellie being there =D The memories of holiday club. The anticipation of the first service. The first few chords played that just get your heart going. The hands in the air. The words that feel like they came from your heart.

Its beyond cheesy. But I love Soul Survivor.

The bit I was thinking of the most reccently, was where the band werent finished with whatever they were doing. After their set, they'd gone off stage, and obviously were doing something extremely important, because after the speaker had finished, Mike confessed they werent back yet.

Which must have been a little tricky to do. The speaker had been amazing, the atmosphere was respect and reflection. As near to silence as however-many-thousand-people can get to. There had just been a collection.

Now I cant do this tale justice, but if you picture it, you may be able to.

Mike sat down on the steps with his microphone, in the exact mood we were. Respectful. Careful. Open. The camera zoomed in on him.

I dont know if he planned it or not, but what happened was without doubt my favourite moment of my Soul Survivor experience....

He couldnt start the song. But he wanted someone to start Amazing Grace.

Ten thousand people. Singing one song. No music. Just words. Raising them to God.

It was amazing.

Amazing Grace.

So pretty!!



Slater

Ohhaii! Welcome Back :D
I think I should insert a witty comment here but I don't have one.

I write sometimes to complain, sometimes to comment, but I'm going to write more.
Ready for the future now!

Tom's Prime Minister List

-Divert funds to the creation of a Tardis
-Convert the Country's religion to Who-vian.
-Make Downing Street bigger on the inside
-Monitor Wheelchair access for fear of Daleks


Games to Collect
1) Crysis 1 & 2
2) Batman Arkham City & Asylum
3) Halo
4) Deus Ex
5) Alice.



My history

March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012

Credits and info

Contact me: Your name here

Layout by: Hiuxing designs

Blog host: Your blog host here
Image host: Your image host here
Web-counter: Your counter code here
Best viewed in: Mozilla Firefox 2.0 ↑ (Size: 1024x268)